Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Perfect Heart



I hope each of you dear readers have a lovely Valentine’s Day. Everywhere I turn I see hearts, lace, and cards proclaiming love and devotion. Every year I enjoy walking down memory lane paved with the sweet blessings of Valentine's Days past.

My husband of forty-five years has always given me hearts in various forms. I enjoy wearing the heart jewelry he has given me over the years. A very special necklace is the one he gave me to celebrate the birth of our precious daughter. I wore his gift of a silver necklace comprised of antique hearts to church this past Sunday. 

 


Every year I decorate the old farmhouse with the macrame hearts my mother made for me. As everyone who ever knew her would attest, Mother was very talented at crafts. Aren’t they pretty?


As much as I enjoy all of the love I experience here on earth, nothing can compare with what heaven holds for me.

This Valentine’s Day I pray that each of you know and bask in the Savior’s love. His heart is perfect.
 
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

Thank you for your visit.

Dee Dee

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful necklace, Dee! It's a cherished reminder of all that awaits us in Christ.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, thank you. Jim surprised me with the necklace over twenty years ago. I still love it! My heart yearns for heaven.
      Love you.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for the day I'll look into His eyes of love and actually SEE IT. In the meantime, I'll celebrate the best valentine gift ever - my sweet Sarah! She turns 21 on Thursday!

    Happy Valentine's Day, DeeDee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for that wonderful day too, Susan. I will join you in your celebration of Sarah's birthday. Our children are true gifts from God.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME WITH YOUR COMMENT! :)

Thank you!

Blessings, Dee Dee