Friday, March 10, 2023

A Card Came Today


Dear Sweet Reader,

A card came today. 

I thought it might be an early birthday card...my birthday is March twenty-fifth, and my birthday cake will hold the weight of many candles. 

But no, Sweet Reader, it was a card to tell me the sender loved and missed me. The sender said she enjoyed handwritten cards and so do I.

In this hurry-up world, we can't seem to find the time to write even a small note. I re-read my pink flowered watercolor card over several times. 

I held the card close to my heart and gave thanks the sender took the time to pick a card she knew I would love, wrote meaningful words and sent it by plane and truck to my mailbox. 

I have been almost homebound since the pandemic, venturing mostly out to my doctors and drive thru windows. I've missed being with friends and family. Covid stole my dear husband of over fifty years and his silence is deafening. 

Cards have been a lifeline with memories written between the lines.

The pink watercolor card rekindled a renewed purpose in my heart...to write, and possibly paint cards again to send on their way to those who might also need a lifeline of hope and encouragement. 

I hope you, Dear Reader, will feel the tug on your hearts to send cards or handwritten notes. I know you and the recipient will be blessed.  

A card came today.

Love,

Dee Dee

3 comments:

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME WITH YOUR COMMENT! :)

Thank you!

Blessings, Dee Dee